We’re building a self-sovereign financial platform with a suite of products and services powered by decentralisation that give you 100% control of your assets. Store them securely in our wallet, spend them with our payment card. We never touch or hold them ourselves. It’s simple, elegant and secure, and amongst the first practical authentic use-cases on the Ethereum blockchain.
Based in the heart of the vibrant Shoreditch tech community, we’re a high-performance team of around 25 people; we have freedom and responsibility, a culture that encourages original thinking offers ownership, and embraces knowledge sharing… and we have big plans to grow!
We're looking for a Blockchain Engineer to join us at TokenCard and help build products and services that bridge the real world and the decentralised world of the Ethereum Blockchain. In this role, you'll be breaking new ground and developing novel real-world applications. You’ll be designing and building privacy-first applications on the "world trust computer" aka Ethereum, to ensure that our users will never be our products!
Here's what you'll be getting up to...
- Engineering, testing, and designing smart contracts on the Ethereum Network
- Designing and building systems that merge the decentralised work of Ethereum with our platform
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of all of our product requirements
- Collaborating with other internal stakeholders to build uncharted, decentralised solutions in the payments industry
- Laying the groundwork for a tokenised/decentralised future
Our Tech Stack includes:
Ethereum - Solidity- React Native - React.js - GraphQL - Apollo - Go & TypeScript - Docker - Kubernetes - GCP
This role is for you if:
- You have a demonstrable passion for blockchain and an ability to articulate why it can change the world!
- You have a strong understanding of Ethereum and building smart contracts
- You understand the trade-offs of building on top of a decentralised blockchain
- You're good at breaking down problems into smaller pieces whilst keeping your eye on the big picture
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and thrive working within a team
- You're not scared by complexity
- You have a strong bias towards action and a healthy 'can do' attitude.
Bonus points if:
- You have experience with writing Solidity
- You've played an active part in R&D based activities
- You've worked with Go
- ... or you're keen to learn all of the above, and more!
TokenCard is for you if:
- You’re excited about the potential to create social change through technology. We're not in this to get rich quick, we want to fundamentally change how the world does business
- You believe in strong opinions weakly held, without ego. This industry is too new to have experts. Great ideas come from anywhere and better ideas can come at any time
- You embrace the growth mindset and you like to be constantly learning, about everything
- You’re creative & innovative. If it has been done before you will do it better but you will also relish doing things that have never been done. You are happy to be experimental, create a hypothesis, test and iterate
- You believe in transparency. It's not just a word for us - it’s what our business is built on. That means we treat our team like adults and we really value people who are open and genuine.
Our team members are rewarded well, not only with a competitive salary, but also with:
- Generous Stock Option Scheme
- TKN Option Scheme
- Private health insurance
- A training & development budget that helps you to grow with TokenCard
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working hours - we care about your output, not when you rock up or clock out
- A company pension scheme (naturally)
- Top of the range hardware
- Team lunch on Wednesdays, breakfast on Fridays and healthy snacks
- Bi-annual company events
- The option to participate in a crypto salary scheme
- A fantastic office in the heart of Shoreditch
- Access to a range of discounts and little life extras via Perkbox
A little bit about our recruitment process:
Following an initial intro call, we have a 3/4 step process which includes a technical challenge. In order to make the most of your time and ours, we ideally like to hold onsite interview sessions on the same day. We’re moving fast, so we aim for the whole process time to be between 1-2 weeks.
If all this sounds exciting...
Start a conversation by hitting apply and sending us some information about your achievements, ambitions and why you're interested in joining TokenCard- we look forward to hearing about you!
Unfortunately, we're not currently in a position to offer visa sponsorship.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Check out some more about us on our blog here: https://medium.com/@TokenCard