Blockchain Engineer - (Solidity, Ethereum)
Decentralising the future of banking - Join us!
What We believe:
At TokenCard we believe in a new era for financial services. One with no need for centralised control by institutions and middlemen, where people have complete independence, choice and control of their assets. One which takes the user-focused design of the challenger banks and couples it with user-focused technology only possible through the power of the blockchain, where transparency and decentralisation regulate our actions unlike ever before.
What We’re starting with:
We’re building a self-sovereign financial platform with a suite of products and services powered by decentralisation that give you 100% control of your assets. We will never touch or hold them ourselves. It’s simple, elegant and secure, and amongst the first practical authentic use-cases on the Ethereum blockchain.
Based in the heart of the vibrant Shoreditch tech community, we’ve recently joined the FCA’s Sandbox (Cohort 4), we’re a high performance team of c.20; we have freedom & responsibility, a culture that encourages original thinking, offers ownership and embraces knowledge sharing… and we have big plans to grow!!
Check out some more about us on our blog here: https://medium.com/@TokenCard
Check out our community conversations, including our ever-evolving roadmap here: https://community.tokencard.io/
What You’ll be working on:
As a member of the Product and Engineering team you will help build products and services that bridge the real-world with the decentralised world of the Ethereum Blockchain, delivering actual value to users. As a Blockchain Engineer at TokenCard you will be breaking new ground developing novel real-world applications on top of the blockchain. You’ll be designing and building privacy-first applications on the “next generation computer”, aka Ethereum, to ensure that our users will never be our products!
Role Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of product requirements
- Engineering, testing, and design of our smart contracts on the Ethereum Network
- Help put down the building blocks for a tokenised/decentralised future
- Help design and build systems that merge the decentralised work of Ethereum with our platform
- Collaborate internal stakeholders to build uncharted, decentralised solutions to the payments industry
Our ideal Candidate will have:
- A demonstrable passion for blockchain and an ability to articulate why it can change the world!
- Strong understanding of Ethereum
- Strong understanding of building Smart Contracts
- Ability to architect scalable solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to carefully break down problems into smaller pieces
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus Points for:
- Experience writing Solidity
- Experience building highly-concurrent distributed systems
- Experience building backend systems in a service oriented architecture on the cloud
- Programming experience with Go
- Experience is R&D based activities
Core Attributes that we look for:
- Understands the value in decentralisation / trustless systems
- Likes the idea of building on top of the next generation computing platform
- An enthusiastic team player
- Not scared by complexity, with a healthy “can-do” attitude
- A leaning to action over deliberation
- Continuous improvement and learning
Our Tech Stack includes
More About Us:
Mel Gelderman, CEO and co-founder of TokenCard has always been passionate about transformative technology. Building an algae-biofuel business (Algae-Planet) early on, he would later leave university to pursue his blockchain vision in South-East Asia. He first encountered Ethereum in 2014 and has been raving about it ever since, obsessed with its potential to create a tokenised world. This first led to him to join a Taiwanese blockchain company (Digital Treasury Corporation) as a consultant, focused on integrating smart contracts into geothermal power stations.
After meeting Vitalik in Taiwan, Mel and David Hoggard decided to pursue their own vision and co-founded TokenCard. They launched to the world shortly after Devcon 2 in Shanghai. In early 2017 they raised $17m in one of the first decentralised crowd sales.
Our Engineering team is led by visionary CTO Mischa Tuffield, who deftly guides our technical vision and roadmap. He holds a PhD from the University of Southampton, an AI Degree from Edinburgh University, has worked with Sir Tim Berners-Lee at two startups, taken two through to exit. He has worked on various W3C protocols and specifications.
We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having the best team!
How we aim to look after you and the benefits of working with us:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Training & Development Budget
- Working on the latest technology
- Crypto Salary Scheme (optional)
- Private Health Insurance
- Company maternity & paternity pay
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Your choice of top of the range hardware
- Cool people, great office, remarkable vision!
How we get to know you:
Following the initial intro call with our Talent Partner/HR, we have a 3/4 step process that includes a technical challenge. Due to our growth and taking your time into consideration, we ideally like to hold the onsite interview sessions on the same day. We’re moving fast, so we aim for the whole process time to be between 1-2 weeks.
Start a conversation by sending us information about your achievements, ambitions and why TokenCard is of interest.
TokenCard is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
In accordance with compliance and regulation, all offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening checks. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.