We’re building a self-sovereign financial platform with a suite of products and services powered by decentralisation that give you 100% control of your assets. Store them securely in our wallet, spend them with our payment card. We never touch or hold them ourselves. It’s simple, elegant and secure, and amongst the first practical authentic use-cases on the Ethereum blockchain.
Based in the heart of the vibrant Shoreditch tech community, we’re a high-performance team of around 25 people; we have freedom and responsibility, a culture that encourages original thinking offers ownership, and embraces knowledge sharing… and we have big plans to grow!
We’re looking for a talented Senior DevOps to join our Product and Engineering team. You’ll work on multiple technical challenges associated with scaling our Engineering team, our cloud efficiencies, and the development of a globally accessible, decentralised banking like service.
Our tech stack includes:
Ethereum - Solidity- React Native - React.js - GraphQL - Apollo - Go & TypeScript - Docker - Kubernetes - GCP
What you'll be working on:
- Building, managing, testing and deploying complex cloud based projects
- Crafting tools and automation to ensure that we have the smoothest pipeline from our engineers laptop to our production servers
- Optimising our Cloud Infrastructure for security and operational efficiency
- Supporting the design and build of privacy-first applications on the “next generation computer”, aka Ethereum, to ensure that our users will never be our products!
This role is for you if:
- You have experience designing, prototyping, validating and setting up automated cloud based deployment Infrastructure with GCP or AWS
- You have deep and demonstrable knowledge of highly concurrent, distributed architectures/systems
- You've got a proven ability to architect scalable solutions in a fast-paced environment
- You're good at breaking down problems into smaller pieces whilst keeping your eye on the big picture
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and thrive working within a team
- You've worked with Docker & Kubernetes and you have strong Git/GitHub experience
- You're au fait with continuous integration and deployment processes and you've worked on greenfield projects
- You have strong working knowledge of security and disaster recovery best practices for enterprise grade solutions
Bonus Points for:
- An understanding of how the Ethereum Blockchain works
- Having run production systems in GCP before
- An understanding and experience of writing in Go
- A track record of teaching yourself new technologies on the job and a passion for continuous technical improvement
- A strong understanding of metrics and observability in a microservice architecture
- ... or you're keen to learn all of the above and more!
TokenCard is for you if:
- You’re excited about the potential to create social change through technology. We're not in this to get rich quick, we want to fundamentally change how the world does business
- You believe in strong opinions weakly held, without ego. This industry is too new to have experts. Great ideas come from anywhere and better ideas can come at any time
- You embrace the growth mindset and you like to be constantly learning, about everything
- You’re creative & innovative. If it has been done before you will do it better but you will also relish doing things that have never been done. You are happy to be experimental, create a hypothesis, test and iterate
- You believe in transparency. It's not just a word for us - it’s what our business is built on. That means we treat our team like adults and we really value people who are open and genuine.
Our team members are rewarded well, not only with a competitive salary, but also with:
- Generous Stock Option Scheme
- TKN Option Scheme
- Private health insurance
- A training & development budget that helps you to grow with TokenCard
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working hours - we care about your output, not when you rock up or clock out
- A company pension scheme (naturally)
- Top of the range hardware
- Team lunch on Wednesdays, breakfast on Fridays and healthy snacks
- Bi-annual company events
- The option to participate in a crypto salary scheme
- A fantastic office in the heart of Shoreditch
- Access to a range of discounts and little life extras via Perkbox
A little bit about our recruitment process:
Following an initial intro call, we have a 3/4 step process which includes a technical challenge. In order to make the most of your time and ours, we ideally like to hold onsite interview sessions on the same day. We’re moving fast, so we aim for the whole process time to be between 1-2 weeks.
If all this sounds exciting...
Start a conversation by hitting apply and sending us some information about your achievements, ambitions and why you're interested in joining TokenCard- we look forward to hearing about you!
Unfortunately, we're not currently in a position to offer visa sponsorship.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Check out some more about us on our blog here: https://medium.com/@TokenCard