Community & Social Media Manager - (Community BUIDL’er)
Creating the world’s first self-sovereign bank!
We’re looking for someone passionate, driven and community focused to nurture and grow our young community of Tokenauts.
Why are we here?
At TokenCard we believe in a new era for financial services. One where people have complete independence, choice and control of their assets. One which takes the user-focused design of the challenger banks and joins it together with user-focused technology, only possible through the power of the blockchain where transparency and decentralisation oversee actions unlike ever before.
What are we BUIDL’ing?
We’re building the first self-sovereign bank, giving people 100% control of their assets. Store them securely in our wallet, spend them with our payment card. We never touch or hold them ourselves. It’s simple, elegant and secure, and amongst the first practical authentic use-cases on the Ethereum blockchain.
Community at TokenCard
We’ve built a small and passionate community globally across our Reddit and Discord channels who give us amazing feedback and support. As we get closer to launching our first products we’re looking for someone to take TokenCard community engagement to the moon; looking after our existing members, introducing new people to our mission and making sure that community remains at the core of everything we do. There’s no defined playbook for this role, there’s a lot of freedom and scope to do something special!
What the day to day looks like:
- Spending time with our community on Discord, Reddit and any other channels you think we should be using, listening, learning and making sure that their voice is represented across the company
- Looking after our social media feeds (Twitter, Medium and anywhere else you think we should be) and creating kick-ass content to populate them with
- Keeping your finger on the pulse for new and interesting places where we should be spreading the TokenCard word, both online and offline
- Going out and acting as the TokenCard evangelist at meetups, conferences and other IRL events
- Keeping an overall eye on what’s working, what’s not, and why
You should apply if:
- You’re crazy excited by crypto and its potential to change the world.
- You get community — what it is and how to build it, and you can show us examples of where you’ve created amazing communities in the past.
- You’ve got a knack for creating compelling content, written and visual
- You live and breathe the mantra customer first, making sure their needs are always looked after
- You’re analytical and use good solid evidence to demonstrate why you do what you do
Bonus Points for:
- Basic technical skills, such as HTML, Photoshop, knowledge of back-office tools for Web or Social Media
- You know your way around a camera and can edit videos/GIFs for social media
Core Attributes that we look for:
- You’re curious, have initiative and are happy working with the pace and ambiguity that comes with start-ups
- You’ve driven to change the status quo
- In an industry of scammers and pump and dump artists you know what doing the right thing means
Tools we use:
- Social tools: Reddit / Discord / Tweetdeck
More About Us:
Mel Gelderman, CEO and co-founder of TokenCard has always been passionate about transformative technology. Building an algae-biofuel business (Algae-Planet) early on, he would later leave university to pursue his blockchain vision in South-East Asia. He first encountered Ethereum in 2014 and has been raving about it ever since, obsessed with its potential to create a tokenised world. This first led to him to join a Taiwanese blockchain company (Digital Treasury Corporation) as a consultant, focused on integrating smart contracts into geothermal power stations.
After meeting Vitalik in Taiwan, Mel and David Hoggard decided to pursue their own vision and co-founded TokenCard. They launched to the world shortly after Devcon 2 in Shanghai. In early 2017 they raised $17m in one of the first decentralised crowd sales.
Our marketing team is led by Anna Mostyn Williams. Anna has over 10 years experience overseeing the development, launch and marketing of digital & physical products, working with world-leading brands such as Xbox, Jagex (on the iconic Runescape franchise) and The Discovery Channel. Prior to joining TokenCard she co-founded the FinTech company Curve. She has an MBA from INSEAD.
Based in the heart of the vibrant Shoreditch tech community, we’ve recently joined the FCA’s Sandbox (Cohort 4), we’re a high performance team of c.20; we have freedom & responsibility, a culture that encourages original thinking, offers ownership and embraces knowledge sharing… and we have big plans to grow!!
We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having the best team!
How we aim to look after you and the benefits of working with Us:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Training & Development Budget
- Working on the latest technology
- Crypto Salary Scheme (optional)
- Private Health Insurance
- Company maternity & paternity pay
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Your choice of top of the range hardware
- Cool people, great office, remarkable vision!
How we get to know you:
Following the initial intro call with our Talent Partner/HR, we have a 3/4 step process that includes a technical challenge. Due to our growth and taking your time into consideration, we ideally like to hold the onsite interview sessions on the same day. We’re moving fast, so we aim for the whole process time to be between 1-2 weeks.
Start a conversation by sending us information about your achievements, ambitions and why TokenCard is of interest.
We are currently not in a position to offer sponsorship.
TokenCard is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. In accordance with compliance and regulation, all offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening checks. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.