Automation Test Engineer - Java, Python, SOA, API
Creating the world’s first self-sovereign bank!
What We believe:
At TokenCard we believe in a new era for financial services. One with no need for centralised control by institutions and middlemen, where people have complete independence, choice and control of their assets. One which takes the user-focused design of the challenger banks and couples it with user-focused technology only possible through the power of the blockchain, where transparency and decentralisation regulate our actions unlike ever before.
What We’re starting with:
We’re building a self-sovereign financial platform with a suite of products and services powered by decentralisation that give you 100% control of your assets. We will never touch or hold them ourselves. It’s simple, elegant and secure, and amongst the first practical authentic use-cases on the Ethereum blockchain.
Check out some more about us on our blog here: https://medium.com/@TokenCard
Check out our community conversations, including our ever-evolving roadmap here: https://community.tokencard.io/
Based in the heart of the vibrant Shoreditch tech community, we’ve recently joined the FCA’s Sandbox (Cohort 4), we’re a high performance team of c.20; we have freedom & responsibility, a culture that encourages original thinking, offers ownership and embraces knowledge sharing… and we have big plans to grow!!
What You’ll be working on:
As a member of the Product and Engineering team you will help build products and services that bridge the real-world with the decentralised world of the Ethereum Blockchain, delivering actual value to users. You’ll be designing and building privacy-first applications on the “next generation computer”, aka Ethereum, to ensure that our users will never be our products!
This is an exciting position for engineers who enjoy working on test frameworks, infrastructure, and automation tools. In this role, you will be defining how TokenCard will go about crafting and executing automated tests, finding regressions, reporting and verifying bugs, and developing services to boost test automation, device handling and developer productivity.
Role Responsibilities will include:
- Head up the design our automation stack from the ground up
- The design and build of test automation frameworks and best practices
- Hands-on ability to automate repeated tasks and build test coverage through existing or new infrastructure
- Improve developer productivity through better tools, processes and frameworks
Our ideal Candidate will have:
- Hands-on experience with functional or imperative programming, i.e. JS, Python, Ruby, Go, C, Java, etc
- Automated testing experience
- Experience of working with a service oriented architecture with a strong understanding of networking and API contract testing
- Knowledge of current technologies and thirst to learn more
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging
- A desire to own and advocate high-quality software
- Excellent communication skills
- Ideally a knowledge of blockchain and a passion for decentralisation!
Bonus Points for:
- Understanding of how the Ethereum Blockchain works
- Experience with automated behavioural testing frameworks for React Native
- Understanding of how GraphQL works
- Experience working on open source projects with an active GitHub repository.
- Experience with Continuous Integrations Testing services such as CircleCI
- Experience with Google Cloud
Core Attributes that we look for:
- Understands the value in decentralisation / trustless systems
- Likes the idea of building on top of the next generation computing platform
- An enthusiastic team player
- Not scared by complexity, with a healthy “can-do” attitude
- A leaning to action over deliberation
- Continuous improvement and learning
Our Tech Stack includes:
More About Us:
Mel Gelderman, CEO and co-founder of TokenCard has always been passionate about transformative technology. Building an algae-biofuel business (Algae-Planet) early on, he would later leave university to pursue his blockchain vision in South-East Asia. He first encountered Ethereum in 2014 and has been raving about it ever since, obsessed with its potential to create a tokenised world. This first led to him to join a Taiwanese blockchain company (Digital Treasury Corporation) as a consultant, focused on integrating smart contracts into geothermal power stations.
After meeting Vitalik in Taiwan, Mel and David Hoggard decided to pursue their own vision and co-founded TokenCard. They launched to the world shortly after Devcon 2 in Shanghai. In early 2017 they raised $17m in one of the first decentralised crowd sales.
Our Engineering team is led by visionary CTO Mischa Tuffield, who deftly guides our technical vision and roadmap. He holds a PhD from the University of Southampton, an AI Degree from Edinburgh University, has worked with Sir Tim Berners-Lee at two startups, taken two through to exit. He has worked on various W3C protocols and specifications.
We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having the best team!
How we aim to look after you and the benefits of working with Us:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Training & Development Budget
- Working on the latest technology
- Crypto Salary Scheme (optional)
- Private Health Insurance
- Company maternity & paternity pay
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Your choice of top of the range hardware
- Cool people, great office, remarkable vision!
How we get to know you:
Following the initial intro call with our Talent Partner/HR, we have a 3/4 step process that includes a technical challenge. Due to our growth and taking your time into consideration, we ideally like to hold the onsite interview sessions on the same day. We’re moving fast, so we aim for the whole process time to be between 1-2 weeks.
Start a conversation by sending us information about your achievements, ambitions and why TokenCard is of interest - we look forward to hearing about you!
We're not currently in a position to offer sponsorship.
In accordance with compliance and regulation, all offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening checks. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.