Decentralising the future of banking - Join us!
What We believe:
At TokenCard we believe in a new era for financial services. One with no need for centralised control by institutions and middlemen, where people have complete independence, choice and control of their assets. One which takes the user-focused design of the challenger banks and couples it with user-focused technology only possible through the power of the blockchain, where transparency and decentralisation regulate our actions unlike ever before.
What We’re starting with:
We’re building a self-sovereign financial platform with a suite of products and services powered by decentralisation that give you 100% control of your assets. We will never touch or hold them ourselves. It’s simple, elegant and secure, and amongst the first practical authentic use-cases on the Ethereum blockchain.
What You’ll be working on:
As a member of the Product and Engineering team you will a huge role in the definition and validation of products and services that bridge the real-world with the decentralised world of the Ethereum Blockchain, delivering actual value to customers and bringing to market world changing products. You’ll be designing and building privacy-first applications on the next generation computer to ensure that our users will never be our products!
The product and engineering team work in strong partnership, requirement analysis, decision making and product development are performed fluidly within the business. We are looking for people who believe in engineering products that meet end user needs, with a focus on customer insights, data and hypothesis driven development.
Role Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting customer interviews and testing
- Performing data analysis to validate the latest features as well as understand app usage via data
- Understanding our community as well as people interested in our product and in turn being able to define their problems
- Building and communicating roadmaps and prioritising features
- Performing market analysis
- Understanding the problem areas and turning this into requirements that you will review with the engineering team who can use to design and build the solution which amazes our customers in collaboration with you
- Running design sprints
- Being involved in the revenue and pricing decision for the product
- Prioritising which Product features go out to our customers
Our ideal Candidate will have:
- Product development of mobile app(s) preferably in an ecommerce
- Preferably at least 5 years product management experience
- Comfortable in a technical discussions and representing the customer’s problem to the engineering team, as well as other stakeholders in the business
- Experience of bringing products to market, from inception through to initial product launch and beyond
- Substantial experience of customer interviews and processing this feedback into requirements for the engineering team
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders across different areas of the business from C level down
- Experience handling competing demands, tight deadlines, and product related targets and still delivering with a cool head
- An ability to carefully break down problems into smaller pieces
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with crypto-currency
- Appreciation of Ethereum and a passion for decentralisation
- Understanding of the crypto space and what others are doing
- A background in computer science or related discipline
Core Attributes that we look for:
- Lives and breathes what makes a good product from the customers experience
- Understands and believes in the value of decentralisation / trustless systems
- Believes in bringing crypto into everyday life
- By understanding the crypto space, the existing, and potential customers, knows what will make our product the most successful product on the market today and into the future
- Embraces a data driven environment challenging themselves and the team to get data to inform decisions
- An entrepreneurial spirit that drives you to bring amazing products to market
Our Tools & Stack:
More About Us:
Mel Gelderman, CEO and co-founder of TokenCard has always been passionate about transformative technology. Building an algae-biofuel business (Algae-Planet) early on, he would later leave university to pursue his blockchain vision in South-East Asia. He first encountered Ethereum in 2014 and has been raving about it ever since, obsessed with its potential to create a tokenised world. This first led to him to join a Taiwanese blockchain company (Digital Treasury Corporation) as a consultant, focused on integrating smart contracts into geothermal power stations.
After meeting Vitalik in Taiwan, Mel and David Hoggard decided to pursue their own vision and co-founded TokenCard. They launched to the world shortly after Devcon 2 in Shanghai. In early 2017 they raised $17m in one of the first decentralised crowd sales.
Our Engineering team is led by visionary CTO Mischa Tuffield, who deftly guides our technical vision and roadmap. He holds a PhD from the University of Southampton, an AI Degree from Edinburgh University, has worked with Sir Tim Berners-Lee at two startups, taken two through to exit. He has worked on various W3C protocols and specifications.
Based in the heart of the vibrant Shoreditch tech community, we’ve recently joined the FCA’s Sandbox (Cohort 4), we’re a high performance team of c.20; we have freedom & responsibility, a culture that encourages original thinking, offers ownership and embraces knowledge sharing… and we have big plans to grow!!
We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having the best team!
Check out what some of the team have to say, here!
How we aim to look after you and the benefits of working with us:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Training & Development Budget
- Working on the latest technology
- Crypto Salary Scheme (optional)
- Private Health Insurance
- Company maternity & paternity pay
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Your choice of top of the range hardware
- Cool people, great office, remarkable vision!
How we get to know you:
Following the initial intro call with our Talent Partner/HR, we have a 3/4 step process that includes a technical challenge. Due to our growth and taking your time into consideration, we ideally like to hold the onsite interview sessions on the same day. We’re moving fast, so we aim for the whole process time to be between 1-2 weeks.
Start a conversation by sending us information about your achievements, ambitions and why TokenCard is of interest.
TokenCard is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
In accordance with compliance and regulation, all offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening checks. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.