Customer Service Manager - Build a superb CS team!
Creating the world’s first self-sovereign bank!
What your day-to-day will involve:
We’re looking for a Customer Service Manager to help define and build our support function from the ground up, with our customer needs put heart and centre. You’ll play a crucial role in ensuring the successful beta launch of the product later this year. You’ll have the opportunity to work autonomously, defining and designing customer support processes, building out a team from scratch, and crafting the culture of customer support for the company.
This is a high visibility role within TokenCard, where you’ll work closely with every other department from Engineering and Product, to Marketing, Compliance and Operations. Your communication skills will be one of your defining qualities, and you’ll have a knack for getting the best out of the people you work with. You will report to our COO.
You’re someone who likes to roll up their sleeves and get things done, by putting a lightweight process together quickly and then working towards automating it. As the first in the team, you’ll make sure you stay close to the agent role and our customers by answering some support tickets yourself.
What We believe:
At TokenCard we believe in a new era for financial services. One with no need for centralised control by institutions and middlemen, where people have complete independence, choice and control of their assets. One which takes the user-focused design of the challenger banks and couples it with user-focused technology only possible through the power of the blockchain, where transparency and decentralisation regulate our actions unlike ever before.
What We’re starting with:
We’re building a self-sovereign financial platform with a suite of products and services powered by decentralisation that give you 100% control of your assets. We will never touch or hold them ourselves. It’s simple, elegant and secure, and amongst the first practical authentic use-cases on the Ethereum blockchain.
Check out some more about us on our blog here: https://medium.com/@TokenCard
Check out our community conversations, including our ever-evolving roadmap here: https://community.tokencard.io/
Key responsibilities include:
- Defining and implementing what great customer support looks like for TokenCard
- Supporting customers and prospects through customer due diligence, onboarding and ongoing service needs
- Hiring, onboarding and training new agents
- Monitoring agents performance and sharing insights and best practice to help them to continually improve
- Supporting, coaching and developing agents to fulfil their potential
- Advocating for the customer to the rest of the company
Other responsibilities include:
- Evaluating, selecting and setting up appropriate tools and suppliers
- Configuring and customising ticketing software
- Managing shifts
- Constantly finding ways to help customer support to run more efficiently
- Answering customer support tickets including handling escalations
- Collaborating with other departments
- Monitoring key metrics and reporting back to the company
- Preparing for and handling any outages and downtime
- Setting the long-term direction of the customer support function
Our ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience of managing customer support teams
- Excellent people manager
- Solid experience in managing 4+ direct reports
- Demonstrated experience of working with a complex product
- Experience of working with Compliance/ in a regulated industry
- Humble and caring, with genuine respect for customers and customer support agents alike
- Passion for delivering excellent customer support
- Ability to work with high levels of uncertainty
- Patient, diplomatic and calm in a crisis
- Willingness and flexibility around working/ being available out of hours
- Experience of working cross-functionally
- You don’t need to be technical, but an ability and willingness to understand the details of a complex financial and technical product is important
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working with consumer credit / debit cards
- Experience of working in FinTech/ Crypto
- Experience of using SalesForce / Zendesk
- Startup experience
More About Us:
Mel Gelderman, CEO and co-founder of TokenCard has always been passionate about transformative technology. Building an algae-biofuel business (Algae-Planet) early on, he would later leave university to pursue his blockchain vision in South-East Asia. He first encountered Ethereum in 2014 and has been raving about it ever since, obsessed with its potential to create a tokenised world. This first led to him to join a Taiwanese blockchain company (Digital Treasury Corporation) as a consultant, focused on integrating smart contracts into geothermal power stations.
After meeting Vitalik in Taiwan, Mel and David Hoggard decided to pursue their own vision and co-founded TokenCard. They launched to the world shortly after Devcon 2 in Shanghai. In early 2017 they raised $17m in one of the first decentralised crowd sales.
Our COO is Ed Asseily, who holds an enviable track record in fast growth Fintech startups and large institutions. He holds an MBA from INSEAD, an MSc from LSE and his proudest moment was passing a machine learning course with flying colours. With a wealth of experience and know-how, Ed has successfully invested in and overseen rapid growth for a number of startups. He is also a mentor at Techstars.
Based in the heart of the vibrant Shoreditch tech community, we’ve recently joined the FCA’s Sandbox (Cohort 4), we’re a high performance team of c.20; we have freedom & responsibility, a culture that encourages original thinking, offers ownership and embraces knowledge sharing… and we have big plans to grow!!
We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having the best team!
How we aim to look after you and the benefits of working with us:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Training & Development Budget
- Working on the latest technology
- Crypto Salary Scheme (optional)
- Private Health Insurance
- Company maternity & paternity pay
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Your choice of top of the range hardware
- Cool people, great office, remarkable vision!
Start a conversation by sending us information about your achievements, ambitions and why TokenCard is of interest.
TokenCard is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. In accordance with compliance and regulation, all offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening checks. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.