Financial Crime Manager
Creating the world's first self-sovereign bank!
What We believe:
At TokenCard we believe in a new era for financial services. One with no need for centralised control by institutions and middlemen, where people have complete independence, choice and control of their assets. One which takes the user-focused design of the challenger banks and couples it with user-focused technology only possible through the power of the blockchain, where transparency and decentralisation regulate our actions unlike ever before.
What We’re starting with:
We’re building a self-sovereign financial platform with a suite of products and services powered by decentralisation that give you 100% control of your assets. We will never touch or hold them ourselves. It’s simple, elegant and secure, and amongst the first practical authentic use-cases on the Ethereum blockchain.
What You’ll be working on:
You will play a key role in shaping and delivering the company’s risk appetite, automation, operations and controls around fraud and AML. You will be working at the edge of financial services, helping to define and drive innovation at the interface between the decentralised blockchain and conventional financial services.
While maintaining the customer experience and interests as a core objective, you will be responsible for setting high standards of legal and regulatory compliance, across all customer onboarding, transaction monitoring and investigations activities. You will seek to advance and protect the reputation of the firm and maintain a good knowledge of latest industry developments in applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Role Responsibilities will include:
~Customer Due Diligence
- Design and enhance CDD and EDD processes to maintain high automation rates
- Design fraud and AML scorecards for assessing and monitoring crypto portfolios
- Manage exceptions and recommend for acceptance / decline
- Define scorecards for ongoing monitoring of fiat and crypto transactions
- Identify and investigate potential fraud or financial crime risks
- Monitor effectiveness of card processor fraud & AML authorisation
- Raise Suspicious Activity Reports as appropriate
~Fraud, Chargeback and Dispute management
- Investigate potential fraud, chargebacks, disputes
- Manage customer and card processor interactions
- Ensure effective handoffs for complaints
~Thought Leadership / Best practice
- Maintain a good knowledge of industry best practice across all areas of on boarding and financial crime
- Show how process is aligned with regulatory requirements and risk appetite
- Maintain relationships with leading third party suppliers
- Monitor effectiveness of service and data providers
- Recruit small team of Financial Crime and CDD analysts
- Manage & supervise team
- Set and monitor clear KPIs and KRIs
- Plan capacity requirements in line with business growth
Our ideal Candidate will have:
- 5+ years experience in a relevant financial crime, fraud control or onboarding role in a financial institution
- Deep working understanding of financial services regulations, esp relating to financial crime, GDPR, e-Money, cards and payments
- Experience of designing & implementing end-to-end processes and related systems
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in crypto
- Degree in a relevant topic
Core Attributes that we look for:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Self motivated with great initiative
- Strong personal integrity, and ability to stand up for what is right!
- Highly curious with a passion for learning
More About Us:
Mel Gelderman, CEO and co-founder of TokenCard has always been passionate about transformative technology. Building an algae-biofuel business (Algae-Planet) early on, he would later leave university to pursue his blockchain vision in South-East Asia. He first encountered Ethereum in 2014 and has been raving about it ever since, obsessed with its potential to create a tokenised world. This first led to him to join a Taiwanese blockchain company (Digital Treasury Corporation) as a consultant, focused on integrating smart contracts into geothermal power stations.
After meeting Vitalik in Taiwan, Mel and David Hoggard decided to pursue their own vision and co-founded TokenCard. They launched to the world shortly after Devcon 2 in Shanghai. In early 2017 they raised $17m in one of the first decentralised crowd sales.
Our COO is Ed Asseily, who has a long and enviable track record in fast growth Fintech startups and large institutions. He holds an MBA from INSEAD, an MSc from LSE and his proudest academic achievement was passing a machine learning course with flying colours. With a wealth of experience and know-how, Ed has successfully invested in and overseen rapid growth for a number of startups. He is also a mentor at Techstars.
Based in the heart of the vibrant Shoreditch tech community, we’ve recently joined the FCA’s Sandbox (Cohort 4), we’re a high performance team of c.20; we have freedom & responsibility, a culture that encourages original thinking, offers ownership and embraces knowledge sharing… and we have big plans to grow!!
We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having the best team!
How we aim to look after you:
- Highly Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Training & Development Budget
- Private Health Insurance
- Company maternity & paternity pay
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Your choice of top of the range hardware
- Cool people, great office, remarkable vision!
Start a conversation by sending us information about your achievements, ambitions and why TokenCard is of interest.