PA / Office Manager
Creating the world’s first self-sovereign bank!
We’re looking for an intelligent, organised and highly self-motivated multitasking hero to support our two energetic, super smart and ambitious founders who are building an amazing company! You’ll not only support them in their day-to-day activities but also to help optimise the smooth running of the office. The building blocks are already in place, so we need you to take ownership of managing the current processes and help make them more efficient.
We're looking for you to demonstrate that you’re passionate about learning, technology, innovation, startups and revolutionising the future - if this is you, then this could be the opportunity for you, as it offers not only impact from day one but also a seat on a rocket ship!
What We believe:
At TokenCard we believe in a new era for financial services. One with no need for centralised control by institutions and middlemen, where people have complete independence, choice and control of their assets. One which takes the user-focused design of the challenger banks and couples it with user-focused technology only possible through the power of the blockchain, where transparency and decentralisation regulate our actions unlike ever before.
What We’re starting with:
We’re building a self-sovereign financial platform with a suite of products and services powered by decentralisation that give you 100% control of your assets. We will never touch or hold them ourselves. It’s simple, elegant and secure, and amongst the first practical authentic use-cases on the Ethereum blockchain.
Role responsibilities will include:
Senior Management Team (SMT) Support:
- The Founders
- Managing their emails and prioritising which are of importance and which need immediate attention
- Assisting with planning their weekly tasks and deadlines
- Managing their calendars and organising meetings and appointments
- Meeting and greeting Visitors
- Executive Team
- Assisting the members of the Executive team with organising meetings and appointments
- Setting up meeting rooms and making sure they look presentable for client meetings or candidate interviews
- Organising and booking flights & hotels
- Assisting preparations for conference attendance i.e. collateral, passes, transport etc.
- Minute/note taking on an ad-hoc basis
Office Management & HR duties
- HR duties will include:
- issuing employment contracts
- pre-employment checks
- co-ordinating on-boarding experience
- Managing the relationship with our suppliers
- the go to person for any office issues
- Ensuring that the office is always stocked up with essentials
- Reporting any and all maintenance issues to our landlord
Custodian of the team’s wellbeing
- Ensuring the office is fully stocked with fruit, snacks and of course the beer fridge has to be full!
- Help plan team events, Xmas parties and monthly drink
Our ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience in a PA / Office Management /HR role
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrating discretion, credibility and integrity
- The ability to adapt and juggle a range of tasks
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- A self starter who can also work in groups
- Experience of working in a fast paced startup
Ideally solid experience of the following:
- Google Drive (spreadsheets, presentations etc,)
Bonus Points for:
- Previous tech start-up experience
- Experience of managing HR processes
- Experience with cryptocurrencies
Core Attributes that we look for:
- A positive can-do attitude where no job is too small or too big...it’s the little things that count as much as the big!
- Is confident interacting with people at all levels and knows when to respectfully push back
- Thrives on working in a fast-paced environment
- Highly self motivated and proactive, with an ability to preempt needs, solve problems and make things happen as if by magic…
More About Us:
Mel Gelderman, CEO and co-founder of TokenCard has always been passionate about transformative technology. Building an algae-biofuel business (Algae-Planet) early on, he would later leave university to pursue his blockchain vision in South-East Asia. He first encountered Ethereum in 2014 and has been raving about it ever since, obsessed with its potential to create a tokenised world. This first led to him to join a Taiwanese blockchain company (Digital Treasury Corporation) as a consultant, focused on integrating smart contracts into geothermal power stations.
After meeting Vitalik in Taiwan, Mel and David Hoggard decided to pursue their own vision and co-founded TokenCard. They launched to the world shortly after Devcon 2 in Shanghai. In early 2017 they raised $17m in one of the first decentralised crowd sales.
Based in the heart of the vibrant Shoreditch tech community, we’ve recently joined the FCA’s Sandbox (Cohort 4), we’re a high performance team of c.20; we have freedom & responsibility, a culture that encourages original thinking, offers ownership and embraces knowledge sharing… and we have big plans to grow!!
We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having the best team!
How we aim to look after you:
- 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Training & Development Budget
- Private Health Insurance
- Company maternity & paternity pay
- Flexible Working Arrangements
How we get to know you:
Following the initial intro call with our Talent Partner/HR, we have a 2/3 step process. Due to our growth and taking your time into consideration, we ideally like to hold the onsite interview sessions on the same day. We’re moving fast, so we aim for the whole process time to be between 1-2 weeks.