Senior Front End Engineer - (JS, React, Mobile, Blockchain)
Creating the world’s first self-sovereign bank!
What We believe:
At TokenCard we believe in a new era for financial services. One with no need for centralised control by institutions and middlemen, where people have complete independence, choice and control of their assets. One which takes the user-focused design of the challenger banks and couples it with user-focused technology only possible through the power of the blockchain, where transparency and decentralisation regulate our actions unlike ever before.
What We’re starting with:
We’re building a self-sovereign financial platform with a suite of products and services powered by decentralisation that give you 100% control of your assets. We will never touch or hold them ourselves. It’s simple, elegant and secure, and amongst the first practical authentic use-cases on the Ethereum blockchain.
Your piece in our puzzle:
As a member of the Product and Engineering team you will help build products and services that bridge the real-world with the decentralised world of the Ethereum Blockchain, delivering actual value to users. As a frontend engineer at TokenCard you will be breaking new ground by bringing best-in-class user experience to this new paradigm in computing. You’ll be designing and building privacy-first applications on the “next generation computer”, aka Ethereum, to ensure that our users will never be our products!
What your day-to-day will involve:
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Working with Product Designs to build best-in-class consumer products
- Working with the other frontend engineers to deliver user-facing features
- Participating in both design and code reviews
- Creating secure mobile applications to help our users safeguard their digital assets
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to build uncharted, decentralised solutions to the payments industry
Our ideal Candidate:
- Be an Android user
- Have experience of building products using React
- Have a vast knowledge of current technologies and thirst to learn more
- Have a ability to architect scalable solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Will have solid experience in building functional, responsive, user facing mobile applications
- Will have excellent communication skills
- Will ideally have a knowledge of blockchain and a passion for decentralisation!
Bonus Points for:
- Understanding of how the Ethereum Blockchain works
- Native Android devel (java) development experience
- React-Native experience
- Proponent of data driven design
- Server-side rendering with Node.js
- GraphQL / Apollo
- Experience with automated behavioural testing frameworks
Core Attributes that we look for:
- Understanding of the value in decentralisation / trustless systems
- Likes the idea of building on top of the next generation computing platform
- An enthusiastic team player
- Not scared by complexity, with a healthy “can-do” attitude
- A leaning to action over deliberation
- Continuous improvement and learning
- Appreciates the power of knowledge sharing
Our Tech Stack includes:
We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having the best team!
More About Us:
Mel Gelderman, CEO and co-founder of TokenCard has always been passionate about transformative technology. Building an algae-biofuel business (Algae-Planet) early on, he would later leave university to pursue his blockchain vision in South-East Asia. He first encountered Ethereum in 2014 and has been raving about it ever since, obsessed with its potential to create a tokenised world. This first led to him to join a Taiwanese blockchain company (Digital Treasury Corporation) as a consultant, focused on integrating smart contracts into geothermal power stations.
After meeting Vitalik in Taiwan, Mel and David Hoggard decided to pursue their own vision and co-founded TokenCard. They launched to the world shortly after Devcon 2 in Shanghai. In early 2017 they raised $17m in one of the first decentralised crowd sales.
Our Engineering team is led by visionary CTO Mischa Tuffield, who deftly guides our technical vision and roadmap. He holds a PhD from the University of Southampton, an AI Degree from Edinburgh University, has worked with Sir Tim Berners-Lee at two startups, taken two through to exit. He has worked on various W3C protocols and specifications.
Check out what some of the team have to say, here!
How we aim to look after you and the benefits of working with us:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Training & Development Budget
- Working on the latest technology
- Crypto Salary Scheme (optional)
- Private Health Insurance
- Company maternity & paternity pay
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Your choice of top of the range hardware
How we get to know you:
Following the initial intro call with our Talent Partner/HR, we have a 3/4 step process that includes a technical challenge. Due to our growth and taking your time into consideration, we ideally like to hold the onsite interview sessions on the same day. We’re moving fast, so we aim for the whole process time to be between 1-2 weeks.
Start a conversation by sending us your CV, Github profile or links to any applications that you've built.
TokenCard is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
In accordance with compliance and regulation, all offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening checks. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.